Thursday, January 28, 2010

Favorites!



I love this aria. I sang it once in a Masterclass in front of a teacher that didn't really like me. She told me I was too short to sing this song, and that if I were to sing it for an audition I wouldn't be cast as the part because I was too short. She pretty much went on and on about how I would never make it big because I was only
5'2". She was crazy. I don't think she knew that I wasn't singing to be famous, I was singing because I enjoyed it. I told my voice teacher about it later, and she laughed. It doesn't matter how short, tall, fat, or thin you are...if you sing it beautifully, and convey the songs meaning, you can get anyone to love you!

I also love Marilyn Horne. I watched her teach a Masterclass at Denver University, and listened to her dress rehearsal. I was star struck.



This aria is SOOOO fun to sing! I sang this aria at my Senior recital. I love the language, and the translation. For those of you that don't know, this Opera is pretty much the story of the little Mermaid. I would LOVE to see this someday!



I love Kristen Chenoweth. She has so much expression. Sometimes I feel like the girl in this song in my apartment when I sing. I feel sorry for my neighbors!


This is my favorite Musical so far! It's the same story as "You've Got Mail". My favorite song in the musical is at 2:40.


My all time favorite song! I sing this one A LOT!!!! I also love Gordon MacRae. He has a gorgeous voice!



Love this song too! I love the tap dancing part! I've always wanted to be good at tap dancing. If you want to skip to the singing and dancing go to 4:00.


This was a favorite when I was younger...like 10. Later, my younger brother wanted to sing it for an audition for high school choir. I had him sing it for me and I instructed him how to make it better. I loved hearing him sing this song! I love my brother's voice! I wish he would sing more often.

No comments: