Sunday, November 30, 2008

"In uomini, in soldati," from Cosi Fan Tutte-Mozart



A video from the beginning of my sophomore year in college. My acting wasn't great, but I learned a lot from the song, and it is one of the only songs I have in video as of now. Once I start my senior recital, I plan to post much, much MORE!!!

The song involves two women named, Dorabella and Fiordiligi. They learn that their boyfriends have been called off to war. Despina (ME), their maid, gives them advice. She tells Dorabella and Fiordiligi that men, especially soldiers, cannot be trusted. Women should use love for their own enjoyment!

"Cosi Fan Tutte," is a beautiful opera and very funny! I highly recommend listening or watching it sometime!

2 comments:

Jentry said...

I'm so proud of you for starting this. Being able to listen and watch yourself is one of the very best ways to get better. It always sounds differently when you listen to yourself. And very scary as well (it's been 2 years and I still can't make myself listen to my senior recital) but this blog is a great idea.

Mike and Kelly said...

Great job Ellen. I love this opera.