Friday, January 23, 2009

Eric Whitacre 'I thank You God for most this amazing day'

This week, has been very enjoyable. I have loved singing with the Collegiate Choir. I haven't sang in a choir for such a long time because I usually hate it! This has been a very different experiance for me however. For one, we are singing a ton of stuff so I never get bored of our music. We've learned about 6 songs by memorization now, and we have, much, much, more to go. I also haven't sang soprano since I was in high school and now I get to enjoy harmonizing and sight singing but also singing in my high voice which also feels good to do again.

My favorite song in our repetoire of music so far is "i thank you god" by Eric Whitacre. It is sung using a straight tone which is normally done in barbershop music. Straight tone means singing without vibrato. It's actually kind of interesting how easy it is to sing flat when you are not using your vibrato.

No comments: