Saturday, March 26, 2011

Singing makes me happy!


My Opera Star costume for Halloween when I was 5!

Some day's, I miss masterclass. I miss hearing other people sing and perform on a weekly basis. It was always the high-light of my Thursday's. I would always feel so motivated and refreshed after masterclass, kind of like after a good, uplifting, Sunday.

The other day, I was singing to myself and I decided that I was going to start giving myself voice lessons weekly again. I can't afford them now because my husband is in grad-school and we are trying to extend our family...but I miss having something to look forward to weekly. Sometimes, I wish I could get a group together in our ward (church) and do a masterclass type of thing, but I don't want people to think I am conceited and just want to perform and show off. I just like listening to music, but being able to perform would also motivate me a little more to practice more. I also thought about joining a community choir at one point with a friend, but it would be hard for me to get to practice every week because we only have one car, and Kevin (my husband) uses it a lot for clinic and school. So, I think for now...until I find someone that really shares some interest in doing a group type thing, I will just do my own voice lessons once week for myself. I am going to pick a musical theater song that I have never done before, an art song, a hymn, and a simple aria. Then I will have songs to sing in the shower again!

Anyway...enough of my rantings. I need to do some laundry and get ready for a YW broadcast!

No comments: