Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Music Appreciation Group (MAG)


A couple of weeks ago, I started a Music Appreciation Group (MAG) with a bunch of friends from my church.

Once a month, we will get together and perform for each other. Kind of like a Masterclass, but no criticism! So far, this has really helped motivate me to practice singing more. I finally have a reason to practice, knowing that other people are going to be watching me perform again.I've practiced, nearly every day for the past week! And I can't WAIT to be able to listen to others share their talents too!

We have a cellist, 3 pianists, and 3 singers that joined the group! If this group goes well, we plan on doing a recital at a nursing home sometime.

This month we are all focusing on pieces that we have studied, or performed before so that we can remember some of the old techniques through muscle memory and notes written in our music.

It has been so nice to have a reason to sing again. I tried practicing so many times before, but for some reason it just wasn't the same. I guess I enjoy sharing my talents more than just hogging it for myself. It's more exciting when you are practicing about how you are going to make this enjoyable for other people than just for yourself.

Anyway...I better get back to practicing! I'm SO excited!

No comments: